Ruined City Type 5 Wall Woes

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Ruined City Type 5 Wall Woes

Post by OnTheBounce »

I just got done building a huge, three level building, using the Ruined City Type 5 walls for two above ground levels only to find out that there is a problem w/these tiles. Namely, the window tiles do not have the "W" flag associated w/them, even once the tiles have been updated. The only solution to this is to manually flag each and every fucking window tile with the Window flag after you update the tiles on the level for the last time, and before you generate occlussion data for the last time.

It's a pity about these tiles, really. They're sharp looking as well as having a very dark/worn look about them.

I just thought I'd warn you chaps about this before you went off and ended up in the same boat that I'm in. (There's no way I'm rebuilding that structure!)

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Note to self: Never use Ruined City Type 5 walls.

Caps (at least the Wasteland Trench ones) are kinda like that - no ethereal flag set normally. I don't see how someone could stand on something less than a foot wide AND be able to shoot relatively accuractely, let alone go prone!
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Hmm actually I noticed that sometime ago making a Ruined City 5 building as well. The problem about making the windows work "manually" is that the whole tile will be a window and not just the small opening, so it will be like there no wall at all (Talking LOS).

(Edit)
Sloppy spelling... "post" drinking sunday, ehe.
Our Host!