First solid proof of FO3's existence...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Thoral
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Thoral »

[quote]Yeah, well, that's probably like Freespace 3 or something. Weren't there 2 Freespaces already? Heh... I'll still cry if that isn't Fallout 3. Chripes. [/quote]

The rights of Freespace are scattered somewhere over the planet, but definetly they aren't in the Hands of what's left of interplay. I know it's true as talk about that came up when iply started a poll about which series would the "fans" rather like to be sequeled again, and then somebody came up with the fact that iply doesn't own the rights of this volition (spelling correct ?) baby. What a shame that nobody likes real spacesims anymore... (at least most publisher's don't).
Sometimes something goes terribly wrong. The Big Bang, for example.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Cool concept. Unfortunately there is no proof it was even drawn by anyone from BlackIsle team, let alone that it belongs to Fallout 3. As for "F3 Project" icon - that too doesn't say that Fallout 3 is given green light from Interplay. Everybody knows BlackIsle employees are very interested in Fallout universe and are willing to do a sequel, maybe they're just getting their stuff together in case of a green light in some near future.
Araanor
Respected
Respected

Post by Araanor »

Killzig wrote:
s4ur0n27 wrote:whats FR6 and who's the DMV?
Forgotten Realms? That might be whatever's left of Jefferson.
Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter, Trials of the Luremaster, Icewind Dale II, Planescape: Torment, that's five. Jefferson would then be FR number 6...
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Araanor wrote:
Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter, Trials of the Luremaster, Icewind Dale II, Planescape: Torment, that's five. Jefferson would then be FR number 6...
if FR is Forg.Realms, you should note that Torment's world is PLANESCAPE, not FR, right? On the other hand, BG, BG2, and possibly BGA in a way are all of the FR universum.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Time to bring back the "Do you believe the current rumours about Fallout 3?" poll
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Re: First solid proof of FO3's existence...

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:
DarkUnderlord wrote:I think the Gasbot looks like arse.
Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing. It's legs, left arm, and head are too small, really. It needs to look more bulky in those areas to stay lower tech looking. The legs are way, way too small for that right arm. Even wheels or tracks would be better than the tiny legs.

I'd replace the humanesque hand with something like a three fingered gripper as well - like some kind of caliper clamp or vice grips only with three digits. Give it a utilitarian look, like a tool arm.

Also, I think it needs more streamlined flairing like the vehicles of the 1940s and 1950s. Some headlights so it can work in the dark would be nice as well.
http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=15
Belenus wrote:Its amazing how people on those hardcore FO forums like to bitch. That gasbot looks badass and they freaking whine its not low tech enough...jesus. The damn thing has mismatching appendages, an oddball shoulder and a 1950s gas machine for a torso and still they whine that it looks like battlestar gallatica to them. Well, I think it looks freaking cool.
Heh. Seems someone's reading. :)

I still think it looks like arse.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
KruddMan
Respected
Respected

Post by KruddMan »

It looks more like japanese manga-bot than fallout type robot but I don't think it looks like arse

i wonder who the artist is
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Considering petrol pumps are completely fucking useless without petrol, why not use the scrap for something else?

However, considering the Fallout world in 2077 obviously had mass produced robots ("he's sooooo handy!") then it would probably make sense to mix and match parts from existing robots rather than cobble one (or more <shudders>) together from scrap never intended for that purpose. Oh well, at least they're making more of an effort than Team FO:HORZ ADN GUNZZ!11!LOL.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Section8 wrote:Considering petrol pumps are completely fucking useless without petrol, why not use the scrap for something else?

However, considering the Fallout world in 2077 obviously had mass produced robots ("he's sooooo handy!") then it would probably make sense to mix and match parts from existing robots rather than cobble one (or more <shudders>) together from scrap never intended for that purpose. Oh well, at least they're making more of an effort than Team FO:HORZ ADN GUNZZ!11!LOL.
you mean the tactics team?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Araanor
Respected
Respected

Post by Araanor »

PiP wrote: if FR is Forg.Realms, you should note that Torment's world is PLANESCAPE, not FR, right? On the other hand, BG, BG2, and possibly BGA in a way are all of the FR universum.
Heh, true, I fucked up.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Araanor wrote:
PiP wrote: if FR is Forg.Realms, you should note that Torment's world is PLANESCAPE, not FR, right? On the other hand, BG, BG2, and possibly BGA in a way are all of the FR universum.
Heh, true, I fucked up.
Don't forget pool of Radience...
Testicular Pugilist
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

BIS didn't make Pool of Radiance 2.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Spazmo wrote:BIS didn't make Pool of Radiance 2.
No, but it's still a Forgotten Realms game.
Testicular Pugilist
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Smiley wrote:
Ouragan wrote:It reminds me of the "late" revelation of the Half Life 2 developement and futur-release...why keep a game developement so secret !!
I wonder how the hell they did that anyway...!
Im thinking they used Team Fortress 2 as a big somkescreen, they were working on it with a skeleton crew and promoting the hell out of it to draw attention away from HL 2. And no unforunately I cant just drive over there, I moved cross country. To the South (Shudders) I have since become nothing but paranoid and anti-social. By the way, what are the lit/unlit radiation symbols under everyones name? Do they anounce rank or something?
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Zetura Dracos wrote:By the way, what are the lit/unlit radiation symbols under everyones name? Do they anounce rank or something?
They're rank images, the more posts you have the more they light up.

So it looks like the post counts are here to stay.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Zetura Dracos wrote:Im thinking they used Team Fortress 2 as a big somkescreen, they were working on it with a skeleton crew and promoting the hell out of it to draw attention away from HL 2.
Hmm... Too bad that didn't come out either =(
I've played since TF for quake... *sighs* Those were the glorydays...
Testicular Pugilist
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Ouragan wrote:It reminds me of the "late" revelation of the Half Life 2 developement and futur-release...why keep a game developement so secret !!
Uh, Half-Life 2 will sell amazingly, Valve just wanted to avoid amazing hype and make it a big surprise. I can't see that happening for Fallout 3, since it's no cash cow. :cry:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Unfortunately...

I'm still waiting for grand quests and mods from people, with the new editor release. If only I could get the damn thing to work on my stationairy.......!

Hmm this *is* going to be a good game-year it seems =)
Testicular Pugilist
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Indeed.
Is anyone here interested in that Cthulhu game (Dark Corners o' the Earth)?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I've heard very vague things....
If it's anything like the PnP, or books it's bound to scare the shit out of people!

Linky?
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!