loader for fallout2.exe

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

loader for fallout2.exe

Post by backstabber »

I included source code i zip file, the default exe give you the pipboy, change the player's look from tribal to v13 suit, and enables the city patch. In the source, you can uncomment lines that allow you to : set the first map name, change the patch000.dat to another filename and a very dirty patch to prevent the prog from playing movies (when i say dirty it's somthing like that:
/code before the movie
call playmovie
/code after the movie
playmovie:
ret
/code of the proc ) I try to explain some sufd in a readme.txt but... i'm not very good to explain stuff... well if you're interrested you can find it at:
http://www.ifrance.com/foloader/foloader.zip (~8ko)
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

wery good work. ;)
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Lovely stuff, Backstabber (lol @ that nick ;)).

I'd like to pick your brains about this, if you could spare some time in the future. I need to finish off the work I'm doing on TryKos' post about the compiler first, though. ;)
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

From batch problem to assembly compiling! Well you're sure learnign stuff :)

The readme has a nice explanation on what to modify to get what you want working.

I'd peronsally like to think backstab too for this tiny stub which allows pretty much anyone to patch pretty much anything given the will and the knowledge.
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

Post by backstabber »

Thanks...
I'd like to pick your brains about this, if you could spare some time in the future. I need to finish off the work I'm doing on TryKos' post about the compiler first, though. ;)
I would be pleased to answer your questions (if i can).
Red

Post by Red »

er, thank backstab, if anyone didn't guess it...
TryKos
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TryKos »

Way to go, backstabber!
I tested your loader yesterday and all I can say - Very Good. It small and it works. And thanks for the sources.

If you intending to develop this program further, I have one suggestion for you: make it configurable. Two ways: 1. Easy - loader have external .ini file, which contains strings-triggers like this "city_patch=1", "has_pipboy=0", "no_video=0" and so on. This way more useful then recompilation of source.
2. More difficult way: .ini file contains not only this triggers, but also patch data - adresses and data bytes to patch .exe. So, exe of loader dont need recompilation at all! And new patches can be added easily.
In this world there are two kinds of people, my friend...those with Power of Moon Prism, and those who dig. You dig.
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

Post by backstabber »

I've found some time to do the 1, it's here http://www.ifrance.com/foloader/foloader.zip (the old zip is included in it).
I will try to do the 2 but i don't have much time right now (fuck school...)
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

While there's still a bit of confusion over the elevators business, I'd like to wade into this one next week.

I've needed a bit of a breather from the projects going on here over the past few days, but don't worry, hassle fans, I'll be pestering you all good and proper come Sunday evening!
ColJack
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by ColJack »

post the tutorial already.. it's a good tutorial for how the existing elevators work, and will help clarify things for those who are wondering how they work.... it is of use as it is if the modder can make do with the types already in the game..
Our Host!