Some Questions about the editor that I NEED TO KNOW!

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
New Reno Guard
SDF!
SDF!

Some Questions about the editor that I NEED TO KNOW!

Post by New Reno Guard »

1. ya know when ya press F8 and u get to test ur map? how do i get modify the character that spawns when u Press F8? which is u.

2. how do I change the allience of characters i place on my map?. i place a few characters on my small map. then i edit each one and make them have opposite teams. then when i test the map. they just sit there. also, how do i make characters allyied with me? (have the green highlight when im targeting)

3. how do u get music to play? when i test my map theres no music.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

1) You can't really, since when you dude edit OBJ_DUDE it leaves the screen black...

Best workaround I found so far is levelling the guy up (Shift-L while in game mode). Course you can't bring up stats more then to 6 with that, though you could fiddle a bit more with Mutate! and bruiser and/or Light weight to gain some extra strengh... You could also give the player the shades for 1 extra charisma...

2) You need to assign them proper scripts. Possibly custom ones but meanwhile you can use exisiting ones...
I'm not sure how you ally with them, could always try slapping them in team 0? I reall don't know...

3) Not really sure about that one, but I would guess you set that in the map's script, since it's the only thing really missing...

Could be set in maps.txt too for all I know though.
New Reno Guard
SDF!
SDF!

Post by New Reno Guard »

well then how do i get people to attack other people when i test it?
Red

Post by Red »

Scripts mostly. It probably has to do with teams too, but I don't really know. I never looked into the "attacking AI" logic really. It might be automatic too... All I REALLY know is that a critter needs to be put in "offensive" mode through the script.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

If you wanted to cheat and test your map, so you will be playing it without being a level one gimp, drop the fallout hintbook and take a read through it. :)
Red

Post by Red »

You still don't get all perks though, and you might want to test specific things (like a specific SPECIAL value). Though you're right as it is indeed a good testing too and I missed it :D
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

Post by backstabber »

You set the music of the map in maps.txt
New Reno Guard
SDF!
SDF!

Post by New Reno Guard »

im talking about the music in my custom map. not the music in the game maps.
Red

Post by Red »

So is he.

You'll need to add(/replace another map with) your map to maps.txt and set it's music in there.
New Reno Guard
SDF!
SDF!

Post by New Reno Guard »

Can I add a new location? like a whole new town to the game?
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

Post by backstabber »

With the original exe, you can't add new towns or it will crash, you will have to download the cit patch ( http://www.teamx.ru/utils/f2_city_patch.zip ) or the loader i made (but you'll have to edit the source a bit if you want only the city patch)
http://www.ifrance.com/foloader/foloader.zip
thought it shouldn't be too hard to put comments ( ; ) before the lines you don't want...

You can also use the unused locations (epa, primitive tribe...)
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

Post by backstabber »

Oh and i forgot to warn you: if you use the patch and add your city, the editor will crash just like the original fallout2.exe... I'll see what i can do about this...
backstabber
SDF!
SDF!

Post by backstabber »

here: http://www.ifrance.com/foloader/mapper2patch.exe little patch to prevent mapper2.exe from crashing when there's more than 49 cities entry in city.txt
TryKos
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TryKos »

backstabber, you are god 8))

I really needed this patch.

By the way, has you read my comment on Fallout2 loader? What do you thinking about it?
In this world there are two kinds of people, my friend...those with Power of Moon Prism, and those who dig. You dig.
Our Host!