New Modder-wannabe [Scripting tutorial by TryKos on page 2]

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Maybe my reading skills dropped to 0. All good and clear now though, thanks for this list!
TryKos
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TryKos »

Okay, then.
I just checked out first issue (about NT), and found that files from first link (with "nt" in archive name) works perfectly on NT systems, and files from DOS archive wont work at all.
So I repost corrected message to FAQ.
In this world there are two kinds of people, my friend...those with Power of Moon Prism, and those who dig. You dig.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

TryKos, this is all pure gold... please keep it coming. Your script compiling tutorial will be going up in the FAQ thread in the very near future - I've just been adding some cosmetic editing touches to it offline.
TryKos
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by TryKos »

You are flatter me 8)

This isnt gold. This is some general facts getting together. Anyone with little free time and curiosity can make such things.
And for me it helps practice in English too 8)

Just lets hope that it help somebody to understands basics and go much higher, and bring us all Fallout 3! :bigsmile:
In this world there are two kinds of people, my friend...those with Power of Moon Prism, and those who dig. You dig.
burgermeister01
SDF!
SDF!

Post by burgermeister01 »

Hey trykos, I followed your instructions, but when I ran arroyo.bat from a dos shell, all I got was something called temp.c that was in the arroyo folder. What might be wrong? I haven't tried the new instructions from red yet though, so maybe that will help me.
My mantra: "Please for the love of God, just work..."
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

I have a similar problem.

I haven't altered any of the script files, but I tried compiling all the files in the ...\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\KLAMATH folder just to test the tutorial out. Presumably the finished product I'm looking out for is a nice, neat .INT file bundled into the destination folder, made up of all the .SSL files in the KLAMATH folder?

I went through the compilation process as per your instructions and named my destination folder as ...\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts (just as a test destination).

I think I changed all the strings properly:
@rem Watcom 11 users uncomment the following line:
@..\wcc386.exe temp.c /pc /fo=temp.i /w4

[...]

@rem The path in the following two lines should point to the Fallout 2 folder:
@md C:\Program Files\Games\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts
@copy temp.int C:\Program Files\Games\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts\%1.int
But nothing turns up in the Compiled scripts folder when I run the Klamath.bat file. Incidentally, there seem to be an awful lot of 'Syntax error's and 'Too many parameters - Files\Games\Fallout 2' in the DOS window that came up when Klamath.bat was run...

Trippy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I couldn't find an err.log file for the life of me, either. Does it not exist until the first errors are reported?
Red

Post by Red »

try this:

Code: Select all

@md "C:\Program Files\Games\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts"
@copy temp.int "C:\Program Files\Games\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts\%1.int"
The problem is that using spaces in the files names confuses the various commands so you need to put the quotes...
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Red wrote:try this:

Code: Select all

@md "C:\Program Files\Games\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts"
@copy temp.int "C:\Program Files\Games\Fallout2 Mapper\scripts\Compiled scripts\%1.int"
The problem is that using spaces in the files names confuses the various commands so you need to put the quotes...
Thanks! That's all it took to sort it. :)
burgermeister01
SDF!
SDF!

Post by burgermeister01 »

Ugg......I'm still having trouble. I think I'm just going to put this project down until I get my new computer in a bout a month... :cry:
My mantra: "Please for the love of God, just work..."
Red

Post by Red »

Taking a break of something for a bit is often a good thing to get a new perspective on a problem.

Don't fret, FO2 mods are in no hurry... we waited 5 years already I think you can wait an extra month :)
Our Host!