Odin: ACCESS DENIED

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Odin: ACCESS DENIED

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

Just another fun update on <b>TEAM CHUCK</b>. Apparently <b>Odin</b> of <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a>, the oldest <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout">Fallout</a> site on the 'net, asked <a href="mailto:ccuevas@interplay.com">Cucky Cuevas</a> for an interview about his love child, <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fbos">Fallout Enforcer</a>. Apparently <b>TEAM CHUCK</b> thinks the interview would be just another reason to bash the game, as if we need another reason. Nevermind that <b>Odin</b>'s always been fairly <i>moderate</i> in the fandom, even to the point of talking with <b>dolo</b> about the now defunct <a href="http://www.interplay.com/falloutbos">Fallout Tactics</a> mod that sounded more like <A href="http://www.idsoftware.com/index.php?fla ... Doom</a>'s design than anything <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout">Fallout</a>. That doesn't matter here. <b>Odin</b> works for a fan site, and that's a <i>bad</i> thing!
<br>
<br>Of course, the <i>irony</i> here, as if I needed to point it out, is that <a href="mailto:ccuevas@interplay.com">Cucky Cuevas</a> has been trying to spread the word about how he's been trying to <i>reach out</i> to <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout">Fallout</a> fans and answer their questions.
<br>
<br>Which is it, <b>TEAM CHUCK</b>? Are you reaching out or not?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

He's reaching out and touching his bunghole...
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Red wrote:He's reaching out and touching his bunghole...
No, he's reaching into his bunghole. How else do you think he can pick his nose?
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Cruzin'

Post by 4too »

The cruzin' of fansites has most likely continued, and the Agents of I'play
have been TAKING NAMES......

And spinning out,....... an 'Enemies List' of Nixonian Grandeur!

Oh, Orwellian Omnipudent Ocularizations, for we all LOVE BIG....motherz!

On a black and white Crosley television, I hear/see a young 'n' pouty Shirley Temple singing....""He knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake! Oh you better watch out, you better not cry......!""

So any entity pondering any derivate of "shit" in a thread, even as a methane raspberry, up or DOWN wind of FOBOS iz onn da "list"...

If one izz registered on any fan site, YOU TOO are a Fellow Traveler and
your BLACK SPOT(TM@RLStevenson) iz on da mail packet, on da next tide.....

Feargus, Chris Taylor, et al, could brace up, stand tall, talk professional...., and put out the fire...., well, spit when the wind was at their back. Being treated with 'respect' calmed me down when Chris T. came to V13 to discuss FOT and the FO Bible. Feargus's "Cool Particle Effects" is one of my favorite CHEW TOYS, (it squeeks too!).

Has 'Jester' ever come forth as Charles Cuevas in the I'play or any forum? Dancing dualities, illuson vs image ; good taste vs taste good:
is Charlie (Tuna) fresher out of the (interview) can? More relaxed wearing a mask? We all have a mask, a personna. C.Cuevas may not be "comfortable" sallying forth as the producer of FOBOS. His choice as "Jester" , as an evil clown, may have a poetic truth we muSSt obey.

4too
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Well, I think the best thing about this is it totally shoots him in the foot. Any time he brings up how he's been reaching out to the Fallout community, we can merely point out that Odin asked for an interview, and he flat out refused.

I think he's been doing that "I'm reaching out to Fallout fans" thing as a PR stunt, because it's fairly clear by this that kind of talk is disingenuous.
------------------
Vergilius
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Vergilius »

I am not surprised about it, considering the fact that they chose to create the “send you opinions/ question here� e-mail account instead of a forum, I think that it is clear that they do not want to talk, rather use some responses in way that they can create an ordinary FAQ and make it look like “hey see, questions from consumers we communicate�.. As long as some buy the IPLY “illusion� of communication they seem to be happy..

[If this doesnt make sens to you Sort the post out in a way that it does makes sense to you]
De Quattuor Novissimis Memorandis
Mors-Iudicium-Infernus-Paradisus
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Re: Cruzin'

Post by DarkUnderlord »

4too wrote:Has 'Jester' ever come forth as Charles Cuevas in the I'play or any forum?
Yes, he did in the end. Someone (I'm pretty sure it was DjSlamak) outright asked him in the forum. He said he was and that he was reading the forum for possible useful suggestions and what-not, replying when he "had the time".

More likely he was taking down notes about how big the thongs babes tits should be.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I should interview him :D
:chew:
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

I think 4too should interview him. :D
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

Yeah thatd confuse him so much hed kill himself.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Vergilius wrote:I am not surprised about it, considering the fact that they chose to create the ?send you opinions/ question here? e-mail account instead of a forum, I think that it is clear that they do not want to talk, rather use some responses in way that they can create an ordinary FAQ and make it look like ?hey see, questions from consumers we communicate?.. As long as some buy the IPLY ?illusion? of communication they seem to be happy..
I think what they're trying to do is to say they tried to communicate with Fallout fans so that in the event this tanks, they can blame us in the post mortem for not getting behind this thing and pitching in. That's why they did the email FAQ crap, to look like they're communicating on the surface. They didn't really expect Odin to email them for an interview, because they don't really want us involved.

It boils down to what Chucky said in the HomeLAN Fed interview, this game isn't for Fallout fans. We've been discarded. Nevermind that we know more about this title than TEAM CHUCK, which accounts for 90% of the filth he spews.. We're not to be involved.

This denial of an interview also puts what KraziKatt said publically about how they're doing their damnest to cooperate with Fallout fans in perspective as well. If they were, there'd be no harm in answering questions about Fallout Enforcer, no matter how "tough" they'd be.

Like 4too pointed out, even Chris Taylor and the Micro Forte crowd were fairly open to the Fallout fanbase, Even with the little changes the Fallout fans got in that title, it was still a turkey.. They should have been a lot more open about things so there wouldn't have been those continuity breaks. Fallout Enforcer has been fairly hostile to Fallout fans from the beginning, and with the absurd changes to the canon, I can see this thing taking a nose dive fast on what Fallout really is.
------------------
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I doubt anyone from Team Chuckles reads DAC, seeing as how it's a Fallout fansite and all, but if they do, here is me reaching out to you:

I will send a whole swag of neat Fallout Tactics gear, all signed, to any FO:FIST.TK team member who sends me a photo of a bunch of you guys pinning Chuck down while someone shits in his mouth. Either that or a Chuck Cuevas snuff film. That would compell me to buy FO:NKOTB more than that trailer with the WWF, hookers and ICP wannabes.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It's likely Team Chuck (or at least IPLY pr) reads DAC in order to get the Fallout scoop, seeing as how it's the biggest FO-site out there. Which raises some interesting questions about IPLY pr stupidity.
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Section8 wrote:I will send a whole swag of neat Fallout Tactics gear, all signed, to any FO:FIST.TK team member who sends me a photo of a bunch of you guys pinning Chuck down while someone shits in his mouth. Either that or a Chuck Cuevas snuff film. That would compell me to buy FO:NKOTB more than that trailer with the WWF, hookers and ICP wannabes.
HAHA, ah this just made my day! Great one !

But I agree with Saint about Team Chuck, I find it baffling that they don't even want to do an interview. I didn't even intended to write alot about it except the questions and answers, but I guess Chuckie didn't have it in him to do it or maybe he knew he would give us some more stupid answers we could bash.
So that makes me wonder, what next for Fpos ? Are they just going to ignore the Fallout fans and the rest of the gaming community and just make this game and try to sell it? No a very good idea, since it's only gotten bad feedback so far. Saying no to interviews will only surve to make this title TANK with capital letters. Hell, it's going to tank anyways.. at least if they're going to continue with this gestapo crap.. It only emphazises what we all believe, that Chuckie isn't good enough for a Fallout title..
Webmaster@NMA
MetalWyrm
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MetalWyrm »

Section8 wrote:I doubt anyone from Team Chuckles reads DAC, seeing as how it's a Fallout fansite and all, but if they do, here is me reaching out to you:
Chuck? Read DAC?
I don't think Chuck can even properly use a computer
he is after all the ultimatest mexican pimp of all time! that's why he wants to have women in thongs and big boobs

this game is not about fallout, it's about Chuck's pimping/whoring life of Mexico

he is reaching out and grabbing things (like his nuts) but most importantly he is reaching out to us fallout fans to tell us about his hardships in <insert wherever the fuck chucky is from>

Finally! he can do this but not in just a biography, but in a video game that will even extend to the splendors of PS2 and XBOX!

yay!
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Section8 wrote:I will send a whole swag of neat Fallout Tactics gear, all signed, to any FO:FIST.TK team member who sends me a photo of a bunch of you guys pinning Chuck down while someone shits in his mouth. Either that or a Chuck Cuevas snuff film. That would compell me to buy FO:NKOTB more than that trailer with the WWF, hookers and ICP wannabes.
Does it have to be a FO:POS team member that does it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

I think this Hate-Chuck obsession is starting to get a tad too obsessive...
Hello New Jersey
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: Odin: ACCESS DENIED

Post by VasikkA »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Which is it, <b>TEAM CHUCK</b>? Are you reaching out or not?
I wouldn't. ;)

He already said that they are trying to create a new fanbase instead of pleasing us. Weird logic, but hey, I never understood IPLY either.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I think this Hate-Chuck obsession is starting to get a tad too obsessive...
Meh, he's brought it on himself. Besides, it's always easier to dismiss criticism when it's completely over the top. Kind of like "Yo momma is so fat..." jokes. If that doesn't put your concern to rest, think about it as being like immunisation. We're just building his tolerance to flame. When the stuff that really scars comes along, like reviewers panning your game that is also bombing in the sales dept, maybe he'll be ready for it.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

We're nice and caring that way.
Our Host!