Project Progress

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Project Progress

Post by Stevie D »

Let's hear how folks are getting on with the editor

Also, what are people's thoughts on standardising certain areas that might make different fan maps incompatible with each other?

If we set a DaC standard for each of these, we could make a vast, combined effort to totaly overhaul the current FO2.

Discuss.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

...and while I'm thinking aloud... OK, not aloud, but at least on the cybarweb, we could compile all the different difficulties encountered and they way they've been overcome and make an online FAQ 'n' guide. One much better and consise than the one provided by Interplay.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of JJ86's FoT editor tutorial page.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yea

I think it's pretty easy to actually place stuff. I need to fiddle around with the scripts a bit more though, and need to figure out how to edit npcs and dialouge (us a third-party editor)?
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Excellent idea, mate.

In fact, we could use a sticky in here to compile an informal FAQ-type-thing until someone can get a webpage off the ground.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I've already started on a new section for Fan Fallout stuff... tsk tsk on not checking the news.

An editor guide section is here... feel free to send along new stuff for me to add to it.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Testing to see if I can still post if this thread is locked
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Yup! Might as well leave it locked too... got some nice stickies for all this stuff now. :)
Our Host!