About the woman in the second mission..

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

About the woman in the second mission..

Post by Warlord »

When I rescue her, Barnaky says I should have brought her to BoS for questioning. Can this be done eg. by not letting her out from the cell :?:
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

No, it can't be done. If you leave her in her cell you take a Rep hit at mission's end. If you haven't played through the entire game before, all I'll say is that you'll see her again, just like she promised.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yup... Spooky ain't it?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

kinky.. :twisted:

If my memory serves me right this wasnt the girl that was locked up in that particular room tough, she was no ghoul. Who would think of capturing a ghoul for sexual purposes in the first place...
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

No no no! Don't tell any spoilers!! I indeed have not yet finished the game...but I haven't been saved from spoilers...I know that Barnaky transforms into a cyborg. Damn! He was the best. When Dekker gave my first mission briefing, I thought that he was some sort of nonpermanent replacement...
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Gear853
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Gear853 »

god that thing is ugly... for ghoul?
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Lynxer wrote:kinky.. :twisted:

If my memory serves me right this wasnt the girl that was locked up in that particular room tough, she was no ghoul. Who would think of capturing a ghoul for sexual purposes in the first place...

MMmmmmm..... Does the name "AA" ring any bells??

And I remember a scribe in an early bunker who kept saying something like "I could go for a little sloppy Ghoul action right about now..".
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Lynxer wrote:kinky.. :twisted:

Actually, I was just referring to OTB saying "all I'll say is that you'll see her again, just like she promised." :twisted:

Damn, I really do remember AA's insensationable love for the dead 8O
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

with a nick like that an insatiable love for the dead doesnt come as a surprise to me, that morbid corpsefucker.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Lynxer wrote:with a nick like that an insatiable love for the dead doesnt come as a surprise to me, that morbid corpsefucker.
Oh, INSATIABLE it is... Damn, sometimes my vocabulary sucks sloppy donkey dick :(
Sirgalahadwizard
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sirgalahadwizard »

Wouldn't screwing either a mutant or a ghoul give you FEV anyway?

I belive the computer at the west-tek facility in fallout 1 said that the FEV was transferred through bodily fluids and couldn't simply get caught by breathing it in like some other virii.

How do ghouls get made anyway - I guess it's the people with lots of radiation damage who get FEV get turned into ghouls, because ppl without lots of radiation damage turn into SM's.

They never explained that little mystery...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ghouls ain't created by FEV. Harold was, but he ain't ghoul... Uh, he's a super-mutie, if we're more accurate. Allthough he doesn't look like one... Well.. Uhm... Right.

Ghouls = awful amount of radiation + decent doses, not lethal enough + nice amount of time to "evolve" x heaps of luck.
AssasS|N_69
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AssasS|N_69 »

Damn those ghouls, what mission is that when you have to protect the ghoul bunker for that nuke?, i cant finish it without 5 ghouls dying, does anyone have any good tactics for that mission.....who likes killing them? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Aim a little left...maybe right...no its definantly left...*BLAM*...dude! you shot the quartermaster
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

try playing it in TB-mode for one so you kill more efficiently. In RTS your inclined to shoot whoever is closest to you in stead of carefully sorting out what target is best to focus on.
Secondly you should concentrate on the East and South entrances since the assaults are of largest scale there. Besides, the way leading to the west entrance is littered with mines killing half a dozen mutant even before they enter your line of sight.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

AssasS|N_69 wrote:...i cant finish [Kansas City] without 5 ghouls dying, does anyone have any good tactics for that mission...?
If you're only loosing 5 Ghouls, don't worry about it. As long as less than 8 of the defenders are killed you achieve your objective. There is nothing to be gained - other than personal satisfaction, I suppose - by saving all of the Ghouls.

Incidentally, Lynxer needs to learn his directions. :mrgreen: The mined gate is North Gate; the South Gate is the one that is hit the heaviest, to include the minigun toting SMs; and the West Gate is the other one that will need your attention. There is no East Gate. He's right that this mission plays very, very much differently depending on whether you're in CTB or one of the TB modes.

OTB
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Bah, i had assumed the one right below the church would be the south gate, my bad. It's been quite a while since i last played that particular mission.
Apart from the directions my description was correct though.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Yes, you're right, your description was correct. Although I have had some problems w/the North Gate from time-to-time. That one SM armed w/a SAW will sometimes splatter several Ghouls w/a single burst, then the gate ends up being overrun. I usually send Stitch up there armed w/a Sniper Rifle. (It's the one mission he gets to carry one.)

OTB
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

After much effort I managed to complete that mission with just one ghoul death. When I finished there were hints that I should have completed it with no deaths, is there any bonus for doing so?
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

LOL fez, that ''made man'' was my former avatar :)
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

That's because we both have good taste Lynxer! :lol:
Our Host!