Fan fiction section is up - looking for a talented helper

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Kreegle

Fan fiction section is up - looking for a talented helper

Post by Kreegle »

You may or may not have noticed that our long-delayed fan fiction section is now finally up-and-running. Rejoice! It took well an entire night to fix the database... and when I blearily checked it at 6am, I noticed there was a problem with the template, so I had to go through all 70 stories again.

SO YOU'D BETTER ENJOY IT! :D

Anyway, I'm looking for help with this one - I need someone who's interested in fan fiction, is willing to receive submissions, paste them into the template, upload the file, update the index, and then post news about it. Basically... someone responsible and literate to be in charge of the fan fic section.

Any questions, post them here - if you're interested, say so either in this thread, pm me or [url=mailto:kreegle@duckandcover.net]email me[/url]. I've love you forever!

Thanks people.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I don't mind, but I don't know shit about PHP.
Anyway, I think you should upload all the stories in the forum.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

.php is like html, except it's not. I know *nothing* about php, but - here's the new fan fiction section. Wow, eh?

As for posting all the stories in the forum....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I didn't mean post the 70 stories into this forum.

I meant taking the stories that were posted here and putting them in the fan fiction section.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I second that motion... or whatever you say when you agree!
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i'm probably Jumping the gun here, and i apologise if i am.

but I take it all the fan fic's are'nt going in? (or am i wrong?)

i have 3 stories in the fan fic forum and none of which are on that fan fiction link :(

am i that bad?

:?
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

No, you're not that bad.

Nobody has submitted a story from the fanfic forum yet - in fact, I've mentioned here that the fan fic forum should be a place to get advice and make sure your work is "up to scratch".

If your happy with your story, and think it's worthy, then by all means... send it in. That previous link gives you all the necessary details on how to submit something.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

My "Spaghetti Western" is a funny case... No one's replied to it, so I guess it's either perfect, so there's nothing to add or it's total shit, so no one want's to reply.

I bet for the latter.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

Kreegle wrote:No, you're not that bad.

Nobody has submitted a story from the fanfic forum yet - in fact, I've mentioned here that the fan fic forum should be a place to get advice and make sure your work is "up to scratch".

If your happy with your story, and think it's worthy, then by all means... send it in. That previous link gives you all the necessary details on how to submit something.

YEY!! am on me way so! :)
Edit: actually i reckon a few more chapters will be needed for at least 2 of teh stories i have in FF.
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Still looking for someone to help you out Kreegle? Cause I think I've got enough PHP knowledge to post the stuff AND am interested in fan-fiction.
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Well, I'm waiting for you in ICQ or E-mail Kreegs.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Dan said:
I think you should upload all the stories in the forum.
You should probably ask permission before uploading them because some people might not want thier stories uploaded. Just a thought though.
Ruben Rooben Reuben
Respected
Respected

Post by Ruben Rooben Reuben »

Yeah, godammit!
That's why I asked a long time ago that my story be removed, godammit!

ps: godammit!
"Get your toothbrush and whatever!" - Hans Zarkhov
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Kreegle wrote:.php is like html, except it's not. I know *nothing* about php, but - here's the new fan fiction section. Wow, eh?
ja till me mehr aboot sis veeling...
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Ruben Rooben Reuben wrote:Yeah, godammit!
That's why I asked a long time ago that my story be removed, godammit!
You could just go and delete your own fic, or edit the entire post you made with your fic to something unintelligable (ie: ......)
Ruben Rooben Reuben
Respected
Respected

What is this "effort" you speak of? I'm talking about the fan-fiction section of DAC, not the fic forum. I'm not able to delete anything from the DAC section; or am I wrong? Can I?
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Which story are you talking about, crazy-man?
Ruben Rooben Reuben
Respected
Respected

Thanks for the fix, Kreegle. This dunk's for you!

DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Is it possible to have a brief snippet of each story put in the index? Just a sentence or short paragraph grabbed from the story, so we kinda get an idea about the story before we read the whole darn thing.

How about an option to vote on stories too? So you can give them ratings based on what the readers think.

Perhaps an option to comment on the story as well. I know the forum's for that, but even completed stuff could have a few people's comments. Just a short space for people to write a small review on the story.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

DarkUnderlord wrote:Is it possible to have a brief snippet of each story put in the index?
Just a short space for people to write a small review on the story.
How about the fan fic errand boy right a little review of it as the description?
Our Host!