more bugs or something like that..

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Pataso
SDF!
SDF!

more bugs or something like that..

Post by Pataso »

very long time since i posted something.. but, it seems like there´s been some talk about bugs in this f. game.. and suddenly i liked modding again.
i found a couple things like a year ago, and i can't fix them. maybe someone else can.
i'll just get to the point.
once i used the ent editor and changed hth damage values(increased them) und.. i don't remember, i just tried to make them more realistic. i just messed with damage, and uh.. this.. can't remember. ah. i do now. it was damage type i think. that kind of stuff.

when i finished and tested, any character could ever kick again when crouching.

a couple more. sometimes this stupid editor tends to delete the link to the spr. file of some entities. therefore, when i play, the ent. has no sprite.
it happened with the fusion cola and with the poison antidote.
i just relocated the spr link.
now it crashes when i use any of these, and gives me a stupid BOS.EXE error or something.

i was also wondering around the posts, and found out about some chocolate bar. that.. newtron chew thing.

i just created the ent. file for it, gave it the spr. link, pretty obvious things.
when i tested it, it crashed. it still does. it gives me a headache now.

need some advise.

one more.
created a behemoth that fires another type of ammo. the reload sound goes ok. but the firing sound does not. it gives me the sound of the .50 cal behemoth gun.

how can i change that? used that bossee(i think im spelling wrong, i dont know) thing, but it does not work. not with the behemoth, nor with the kicking problem.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I have the same problem with the entity editor not allowing certain sprites to be used. I think it has more to do with certain races not being able to use specific sprites. I am not sure exactly what sprites can be used with which race - I guess you should experiment.

The same will probably happen when you try to use a specific sprite for an entity type it wasn't designed for. Maybe that is what is causing the crashes. It may not be so much that the editor is buggy, but it is temperamental when trying to do things it wasn't designed for.
Pataso
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Pataso »

damn

but what about the poison antidote thing? it still crashes..
maybe i'll get rid of that f. ent. and create it again..
and what about the behemoth sound?

can someone help me on that?
Our Host!