DATMan light run time error

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

DATMan light run time error

Post by Doyle »

It claims it can't find the zlib.dll even though I ran the bat file and it told me it was successful. Any suggestions?
Dims
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Dims »

Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Since you're pimping datexplorer so much Dims, would you care to do some enhancments to it?

I have two main issues with it really... First it's slower than datmanlight and second it should "Cache" the loaded "directories" (well, it seems slower, perhaps with proper caching it wouldn't seem as slow?)... I hate it when I click on a really huge folder, and whilst waiting I click on another... only to lose the huge folder it already loaded once...

As for datman light, you need to register zlib.ocx which is included (with instructions) in zlib.zip (or something like that) in the datmanlight archive.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Yeah, I ran the bat file, but it didn't work. I may try that DATexplorer now.
Dims
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Dims »

DatExplorer is my FIRST expirience with C++. Today I have professional skills in programming, and i fixing this problem in future.
Red

Post by Red »

I'm not "complaining", I'm asking for features... I figure if you're to advertize your dat viewer/extractor you might as well make it the best - seeing the amazing job you did with the mapper... :)
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

DATexplorer works fine, but my mod doesn't. I'm trying to change a name and description of an item, but it won't work even though I can change the stats of the item just fine. What am I missing?
Red

Post by Red »

Indeed it works fine, which is why I asked for new features. I never said there were bugs...
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

Yes it works great, good job Dims, and if you add some features (like deleting files) it would be the best of the best.
Our Host!